Friday, January 25, 2013

Thought of the Day: Funeral March

I laughed a little to myself when I heard my four-year-old explain that upon hearing Chopin's funeral march on a cartoon, he erroneously concluded that one character was trying to sing another to sleep. But no sooner had I begun chuckling than I was reminded we are not so different in all of our grown-up-ness. This verse came to mind, "There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death." (Proverbs 14:12)  How often am I misled into thinking something is harmless, to later find out it was leading me down a path of destruction, even to death?  How often have I mistaken a funeral march for a lullaby?


Thank you again, Lord, for teaching me through your word, and through my precious children. Help me hear your truth always, and help me seek out your ways instead of destructively plotting my own. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment